(Or on YouTube!)
Answering a prompt from a friend of the show about guilds: why you should hate them too.Disagree? Drop me a voicemail!
Theme music by Michael Ramir C, courtesy of Mixkit.co (https://mixkit.co/)
- 00:00 - Intro
- 00:53 - Theme
- 01:23 - Expanding the (OSR) Anchorverse
- 04:01 - Community and Civility
- 06:52 - Main Topic: GUILDS and Why they will Ruin your Game
- 08:00 - Why do refs use guilds?
- 10:47 - How to guilds benefit players and player characters?
- 11:30 - Why these "benefits" are lies in disguise
- 11:41 - Players that Don't Want to Play
- 13:35 - Gold Sinks: Are they Really Needed?
- 14:29 - Time Taxes: the Boring Way... or the Awesome Way?
- 15:59 - Player Benefits or Incentive Doffers?
- 17:24 - No Free Lunch
- 20:39 - Rugged Individualism
- 21:52 - Call in: James Eck - DM Metagaming
- 27:30 - Further, Player Metagaming in a Troupe Game
- 29:55 - Outro
- 30:38 - Theme & Legal
The "Prior" Episode, Call Ins on Player Skill:
Don't Be Nice: https://anchor.fm/clerics-wear-ringmail/episodes/Dont-Be-Nice-e161q2a
Strict Time Records: https://anchor.fm/clerics-wear-ringmail/episodes/Strict-Time-Records-e1da6ti